With gorgeous weather just around the corner, it’s a good time to start think about switching up your beauty routine! No one wants a face that melts off in summer heat, so here are a few make-up tips to summer-fy your beauty routine!
- Prime, prime, prime! You may not have needed this step during the winter what with the cold freezing everything in place, but summer heat won’t be kind to un-primed make-up.
- Go for a lightweight foundation; maybe even consider a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Check out Benefit Cosmetics’ new Big Easy Liquid to Powder Foundation for a summer-perfect option (http://tinyurl.com/kq4pft5)!
- Set everything with a powder or spray! Urban Decay’s setting spray is getting rave reviews across the board (http://tinyurl.com/pb47jpy)!
- Prime again! A lot of people skip this step, but priming your eyelids can be what stops you from looking like a clown.
- Replace cream eye-shadows with powder versions. Creams will slide all over the place in the heat.
- Use waterproof mascara if you’re prone to smudging. Just be sure to gently take it all off at the end of the day.
- Just like your eye-shadow, switch out your cream blush for a powder blush.
- Bring out the bronzer because the sun is shining! Add a little contour to the hollow of your cheeks for a defined look. Try Bourjois’ Delice de Podre Bronzing Powder; it looks like chocolate and smells amazing! (http://tinyurl.com/mhhd9zs)
- Aside from not having to slather on the lip balm, everything is pretty much the same in this department.
- One little tip: to make summer brights really pop, apply a thin layer of concealer to your lips first.
Thanks for reading, and have fun prepping for summer!